Sunday, June 16, 2013

I MADE IT TO NAIROBI, BUT NOT WITHOUT CHALLENGES

Karibu Kenya, or Welcome to Kenya, is what I heard after I landed. The flights were very long and I hardly slept. I guess I am one of those who can't sleep well on planes. My connections had very little time between, and I was worried about my two checked bags making it with me. I was right to be concerned, because after landing at 8:10pm Nairobi time, going through customs, getting my visa, waiting 45 minutes for my luggage, and waiting in line to file a claim, I found out my bags were still in New York. The bright spot, at least they knew where they were and I had my carry on to get me through a day until they arrive Sunday night (hopefully).

I met Kevin and his colleague Joseph at the airport. Both are very friendly. We spent some time collecting other delayed bags for Sarah and Olivia, then were off to the Country House. I arrived after midnight, was served a very nice dinner, talked to my wife and kids, then crashed. A memorable start to be sure.

Here's my new home for a month (thanks for the pic Dino)...

No comments:

Post a Comment