Thursday, June 20, 2013

A NICE SURPRISE

I previously mentioned the team meetings yesterday. During the morning session, attended by 40 people or so, a senior official asked a colleague to began with a prayer. This was quite unexpected, but seemed to set a positive tone for the meeting. Can you imagine this in the US? I guess the power is in the masses, with over 90% of Kenyans being Christian, this may not be uncommon.

I later spoke to a Sister who attended the meeting and asked if she knew where the Dominican presence in East Africa was located. I asked because my home parish is of the Dominican Order and some of the previous priests, including Father Benedict Croell and Vincent Wiseman serve or have served there. The Sister was excited I asked, and promised to coordinate a mass for some of the IBM guests at the Dominican parish community.

I also found out that our CSC Teams host, and the local IBM Corporate Citizenship Manager (Mildred Ostiento) was once a student of the Sister and they had a good reunion.

All in all it would prove to be a very small world if I get the opportunity to see clergy who previous taught at my home church in Cincinnati (St. Gertrude).

No comments:

Post a Comment