Saturday, July 6, 2013

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY


Artwork by Roy Lichtenstein
Artwork by Roy Lichtenstein

So, it was the 4th of July on Thursday, and our team worked to schedule meetings and interviews as usual. However, we quickly found that most of our stakeholders were not available. Many of these people are native Nigerian, Kenyan, etc. which also work for US government agencies like the CDC. Our team worked from the hotel through the day until early evening to prepare our initial recommendations to validate with our clients.

Close to the time we were about to wrap up for the day, a funny thought occurred to me; a Nigerian born man, who is now a citizen of Kenya, working for the CDC, has the day off for the US Independence celebration and I don't. I had to chuckle at the irony.

Now back home, we usually go to an annual party graciously hosted by some long time friends (the Boss family) for food, drink, fireworks and more drinks. Obviously I missed it this year, but my wife and kids went and had a great time, as usual. Makes me miss home, but I'm only a week or so from being back to the family and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment